LIVING WATER🌊 CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
📆 Friday, February 28, 2020
COME AND SEE
Read: 1 King 10:1-13
1 Kings 10:1-13 And when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the LORD, she came to prove him with hard questions.
And she came to Jerusalem with a very great train, with camels that bare spices, and very much gold, and precious stones: and when she was come to Solomon, she communed with him of all that was in her heart.
And Solomon told her all her questions: there was not any thing hid from the king, which he told her not.
And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon’s wisdom, and the house that he had built,
And the meat of his table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparel, and his cupbearers, and his ascent by which he went up unto the house of the LORD; there was no more spirit in her.
And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom.
Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.
Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom.
Blessed be the LORD thy God, which delighted in thee, to set thee on the throne of Israel: because the LORD loved Israel for ever, therefore made he thee king, to do judgment and justice.
And she gave the king an hundred and twenty talents of gold, and of spices very great store, and precious stones: there came no more such abundance of spices as these which the queen of Sheba gave to king Solomon.
And the navy also of Hiram, that brought gold from Ophir, brought in from Ophir great plenty of almug trees, and precious stones.
And the king made of the almug trees pillars for the house of the LORD, and for the king’s house, harps also and psalteries for singers: there came no such almug trees, nor were seen unto this day.
And king Solomon gave unto the queen of Sheba all her desire, whatsoever she asked, beside that which Solomon gave her of his royal bounty. So she turned and went to her own country, she and her servants.
MEMORISE: And Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” Philip said to him, “Come and see” (John 1:46)
The taste of the pudding, they say, is in the eating. It is better seen and experienced than imagined. News of king Solomon’s prosperity spread abroad and the Queen of Sheba couldn’t wait to confirm by herself. Let us observe these few things with respect to the queen and those who will come to Jesus.
• Though the queen was of some sort, a great personality, she bowed to God in Solomon. This brings to mind, our brother, Nicodemus, who, though was learned and influential, sought and found the Saviour, even in the night. His life never remained the same (Jn. 3:1ff).
• She was perplexed by the prosperity of Solomon and acknowledged God’s grace upon him. Whoever you may be, when you see another man carrying God’s grace, please acknowledge, instead of being envious of him.
• She gave gifts to Solomon, like the wise men did to Jesus (Matt. 2:1ff).
• The queen went home happily, rejoicing and satisfied, because her heart desire was met. No one truly sees Jesus and remains the same, thereafter.
When you come to Jesus Christ, your life puzzle is solved (Matt. 11:28,29). Philip could not leave Jesus, when he was invited to come and see for himself (Jn. 1:46-49). Just as the queen who came to Solomon troubled, and in doubt, did not return without her problem solved, the King of kings is waiting for you today, to give you the joy which money cannot buy, and the peace that passes all understanding.
Why sit there and die in ignorance? (cf. 2 Kgs. 7:3) Jesus is, no doubt, the sweetest and most powerful Name. If you will not believe Him, because you didn’t see Him, are His works and words not enough testimonies? Stop cheating on yourself by your continual refusal to accept the REDEEMER/SAVIOUR of humanity. Come and see the wonders of God through Jesus Christ, as He lifts you up, today and forever!
1. Lord, forgive all my doubt about You and Your Word.
2. Father, build up the faith of our youths to solely rely on You and Your promises, in all they do.
3. Lord, reveal Yourself to leaders of denominations and assemblies who have not known You till now, in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Numbers 3 – 4 & Luke 16
Good day to you and happy weekend. A wonderful day ahead.
Forsake your sinful ways today and embrace life occasioned by Jesus Christ.