THE DAILY FOUNTAIN
DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE
CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)
DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2020
TOPIC: LET ALL CREATURES PRAISE THE LORD!
READ: PSALM 148 (NKJV)
1. Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights!
2. Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts!
3. Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light!
4. Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, And you waters above the heavens!
5. Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created.
6. He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away.
7. Praise the LORD from the earth, You great sea creatures and all the depths;
8. Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
9. Mountains and all hills; Fruitful trees and all cedars;
10. Beasts and all cattle; Creeping things and flying fowl;
11. Kings of the earth and all peoples; Princes and all judges of the earth;
12. Both young men and maidens; Old men and children.
13. Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory [is] above the earth and heaven.
14. And He has exalted the horn of His people, The praise of all His saints — Of the children of Israel, A people near to Him. Praise the LORD!
Today’s scripture enjoins all creatures – living, and non-living, talking and non-talking, angelic and human, heavenly and earthly, plants and animals, aquatic, aerial and terrestrial beings, kings and subjects, the poor and the rich, young and old, high and low to praise the Lord. God loves to be praised. God is holy and He inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3). God does not eat physical foods like yam, beans, salad, etc. The food He eats is praises from His creatures. It is wonderful to notice that apart from men, other living and non-living things praise the Lord. The flowers praise the Lord; the birds praise the Lord when they sing. Read the wording of stanza 2 of Hymn 442 (A&M)
Each little flower that opens
Each little bird that sings
He made their glowing colours
He made their tiny wings.
God so deserves to be praised that if we His children refuse to praise Him, the stones will immediately cry out in praise to God. In all our situations, whether good or bad, painful or easy, let us give praise to God. Sing Hymn 290 (A&M), stanza 1
Through all the changing scenes of life
In trouble and in joy
The praises of my God shall still
My heart and tongue employ.
PRAYER: Lord, my King, please help me to see reasons to praise You in all situations.