OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL (FOR TEENS)
DATE: SATURDAY JANUARY 11TH, 2020.
THEME: NOT IRREPLACEABLE II
MEMORISE: And Samuel said unto him, The LORD hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou. 1 Samuel 15:28
READ: 1 Samuel 2:27-35
27. And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh’s house?
28. And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?
29. Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
30. Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
31. Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father’s house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.
32. And thou shalt see an enemy in my habitation, in all the wealth which God shall give Israel: and there shall not be an old man in thine house for ever.
33. And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from mine altar, shall be to consume thine eyes, and to grieve thine heart: and all the increase of thine house shall die in the flower of their age.
34. And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them.
35. And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.
I know that God may have been giving you hints as to His purpose for your life. You may have been having dreams like Joseph did about the glorious future that He has in store for you. I want to let you know that your lifestyle is what will determine if those dreams will come to pass or not.
Joseph saw his future and he remained steadfast in holiness, even though he faced very tough situations. At the end, he achieved his dreams. Eli on the other hand was also promised by God that he and his children would be priests forever, but because Eli honoured his children above God, he was replaced by Samuel. I don’t want you to lose that glorious future that God has in store for you, that is why I am imploring you today to remain holy. Honour God with all that you have and all that you are. Obey His instructions and do His will at all times. Run away from every appearance of sin. The devil will bring temptations, but you must overcome because if you fall, God will raise someone else to fulfill your dreams. May God help you to overcome in Jesus’ name.
Father, whatever will make me not to fulfill my destiny, let me never do it in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Genesis 27-28 ; Matthew 9:18-38
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye