The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of The Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion)
Date: Monday 8th, July 2019
Topic: Build your Confidence in God.
READ: PSALMS 27:1-14 (NKJV)
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
2. When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell.
3. Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me, In this I will be confident.
4. One thing I have desired of the Lord , That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord , And to inquire in His temple.
5. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.
6. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord .
7. Hear, O Lord , when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8. When You said, “Seek My face,” My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord , I will seek.”
9. Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10. When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the Lord will take care of me.
11. Teach me Your way, O Lord , And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12. Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence.
13. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living.
14. Wait on the Lord ; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord !
Confidence in God is our antidote for fear. The Lord who is the believer’s light, is the strength of his life. A person who sincerely trusts in the Lord, has nothing to fear. Fear subjects us to slavery. We often have fear of sickness, rejection, misunderstanding, job insecurity, uncertainty, etc. To conquer all kinds of fear, we must build our faith in God (see Ephesians 6:13-18). David’s greatest desire in life was to live in God’s presence each day of his life. Unfortunately, the opposite is often the case for most of us. Most of us can spend quality time watching football, films, and other programmes, but easily complain when little time is spent in Church programmes. It is good to desire what is good. The Psalmist’s special trust and interest in God is worth emulating. He knew what it meant to wait for the Lord (verse 14). Waiting for God may not be easy, but God is worth waiting for.
Build your trust and confidence in the Lord. God is your life and the length of your days (Deuteronomy 30:20). If you are secured in Him, you are secured in all situations of life. Prayerfully commit your life and family to Him. You will never pay tribute to any enemy. No person will subject you to slavery. God will raise a standard against things that stand on your way. Just build your confidence in Him.